It's Show & Tell Time!

Remember back in good ol' grade school, you got to share what you loved with the whole class! Well, Boutique Frenzy wants to give you that opportunity once more! New items will be shared Monday thru Friday! Share your passions, and lay your eyes on others' passions! It's Show & Tell Time!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Beachy Keen!

Today, Karen Ungerman, founder of Rock Moon Boutique, is sharing her beautiful bead work!

Karen's info:
"I am originally from FLorida, which kind of shows in my work. My designs just come out looking beachy, whether I plan it or not! I am married to an F-16 pilot based at Hill AFB in Utah. I have a degree in molecular biology, but realized that doesn't really fit our lifestyle with children and my husband gone so much. I also have PKD (polycystic kidney disease) and am slowly going into kidney failure (I have 20% total function now),which makes it even harder to try to work in my degree field. I grew up in a very "artsy" family, so maybe this was just the natural thing to fall into. So, when my husband was gone on a deployment to Iraq - Rock Moon Boutique (www.bkungerman1.etsy.com) was born."

Karen currently lives in South Ogden, Utah with her husband and two children (Austin 12, Lena 3).

Look at her beautiful work:


Karen has entered her work in a competition for a supply company called Fire Mountain Gems. They are a huge supply company. This is her first competition, but would be interested in more local ones. She is competing to get her piece (shown below) published in their catalogue and website, as well as a certain amount of money awarded toward their product.She is also waiting to hear back about it possibly being published in a magazine as well. Good Luck Karen!


Go to Karen's website to see more and buy! Thanks for sharing Karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online